Whenever I see those two words - salted + caramel - I literally go weak at the knees. Why is it so freakin’ delicious!! I don’t know. But even after making these, licking the bowl, and having way too many sneaky tasters (I had to, ok? How would I know if they were good enough for you guys otherwise!?) I still ate one or two more after I rolled them. But the best part about it is they’re raw, vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free.
So go on, make some but maybe hide them from the kids or you won’t get a look in. Luckily mine is still a shorty so she can’t see the top shelf of the fridge heh ;-)
- 200g (or 2 cups) Tasti raw cashews
- 200g (or 2 cups) Tasti dessicated coconut (reserve ¼ cup for rolling)
- 300g (or 2 1/2 cups) dates
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla
- Optional - 1/2 cup cacao nibs- this provides a bit of crunch
- In a large bowl, soak the cashews and dates in warm water for 30 minutes then drain, or to speed it up soak in boiling water for 2 minutes then drain.
- Drain and blend in food processor with the salt, until smooth. Add the coconut and blend again until it forms a dough. If you're using cacao nibs, add them now and pulse a couple of times until just mixed
- Form into small balls. If you like, roll in coconut (or chia seeds, cacao powder, or anything else you like).
- Put in a jar and keep in the freezer - will keep for several months
These were made with Tasti nuts. You can find more recipes and info here - Tasti.co.nz