Who doesn't need a good dose of chocolate in their life! This was dreamy, I made a huge tray of it for Lily's third birthday party and it disappeared very quickly - a good sign at a kids party where most of the 30-40 kids and adults were used to processed party food!
What was left we served up with some Cathedral Cove Naturals natural coconut yogurt & homemade organic berry chia jam as dessert 💖🌟 Food styling fail but this was the only photo I got before it all got eaten!
- 250g (2 cups) raw walnuts
- 250g (2 cups) raw sunflower seeds
- 400g (2 1/2 cups) dried dates, soaked in warm water for 20 min and drained (or to speed this up, soak in boiling water for 2-3 minutes then drained)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground vanilla (can sub for 1 tablespoon pure vanilla essence)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
Extras to add afterwards
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped raw chocolate (optional)
In food processor, blend dates until smooth and creamy. Put it aside then blend the nuts in the food processor until very fine. Add dates back in with cacao, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and blend again until smooth.
Put into a bowl, add extras and mix well until fully combined. Line a tray or baking dish with waxed paper then spread brownie mixture across the dish evenly. Freeze until hard, cut into pieces and keep stored in the freezer. Will keep for several weeks - or probably even months, but let's be honest it's probably not going to be around that long!