This is one of my favorite desserts to make because once you've done it once, it's something you can whip up in a matter of minutes. It does however need to be made a day ahead of when you want to eat it as it needs to set for about 24 hours. And don't forget to soak your cashews a couple of hours before you start!
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates, soaked in warm water for 5 minutes then drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground vanilla (can sub for vanilla extract)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for 2 hours then drained
- 1/2 cup melted raw cacao butter
- 1 cup raw virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla (can sub for vanilla extract)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- fresh edible flowers and berries to decorate
- Line a 20cm cake tin with plastic wrap
- In a food processor blend the coconut until it becomes a flour. Add everything else and process until it forms a dough.
- Press dough into cake tin and put in fridge while you make the filling
- In a high speed blender, blend everything except coconut oil and raspberries until smooth and creamy. Then drizzle the coconut oil in slowly until fully combined
- Pour 3/4 this mixture into the cake tin.
- Add the raspberries to the remaining mixture, blend until smooth then pour over the white mixture
- Using a teaspoon, swirl the mixtures together - but only a little bit, or the whole cake will turn completely pink
- Set in fridge for 12 hours. After this you can put the edible flowers on and serve, or you can freeze and use as required