I love Asian food, if i had to live on one cuisine for the rest of my life it would be Thai. When I make these kinds of dishes at home though, I veganise and bastardise them so please don't expect fully authentic flavors! I always just look at the ingredients I have on hand and figure out what will work.
This is how I made it last night. If I had kelp noodles I would have used those instead of rice noodles, for a high raw version. Fresh chilli or red pepper would have been a great addition too
- 1 400g (14oz) pack Pad Thai rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon black volcanic salt
- 1 200g (7oz) pack bean sprouts
- 1 large handful coriander
- 300g (10oz) organic firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 small chunk fresh ginger, finely diced
Cut tofu into strips. Mix marinade ingredients together, toss tofu through the marinade and leave to sit while preparing the rest of the meal.
Cook noodles according to instructions. Once the noodles are cooked drain off water and add the miso paste, lemon juice & salt until well combined. Add the tofu and cook over medium heat for another couple of minutes. Add coriander and bean sprouts then serve with a handful of toasted peanuts or cashews over top - and as much Sriracha as you can handle!