Hey girlbosses, not sure what to ask for this Christmas? How about some beautiful bits and pieces to finally set up your home office exactly how you want it! I’ve put together my eight favourite things for the perfect office space so you can start dropping hints to your mum, your man, and whoever else might wanna give you pretty things. Failing that, buy your own stuff. Which is what I usually do because I’m too impatient to wait (patience has never been a quality of mine, as my husband knows all too well!).
Even though I work location free from anywhere in the world where I have wifi and laptop, I still spend a lot of time at my desk. It’s my sacred space and you’ll often find me here tapping away or furiously writing, on some mornings even as early as 4:30am
It’s not just a place to sit for me, it has to feel good, look beautiful, and be super functional. Its also where I put on makeup and have my tea and coffee making rituals, because I love having all my favorite things in one place (and every girlboss needs caffeine and lipstick when they're taking over the world!)
Creating a space that is really beautiful and practical is absolutely key to building your empire and kicking serious ass, so get to it girlfriend!
My eight home office essentials are
- A modern jug or vase filled with fresh flowers. This one is my pick. Black & white is bang on trend & goes so well with anything else in the room.
- Beautiful notebooks. I do a lot of writing, and even though I could do it all on my laptop if I wanted to, there’s something special about old school pen and paper. You can just feel all those super incredible goals start to manifest when you write them down! I have a big stack of notebooks piled up in my wardrobe that I like to come back and flick through from time to time to see how much I’ve achieved. I love this set from Karen Walker, but I have at least 3 notebooks and 1 or 2 diaries going at any given time.
- Red lipstick - because I never know when I’m going to have to dash out to a meeting or catch up with my girlboss crew. Honestly, I’m not that into makeup and my whole getting-ready-in-the-morning routine never takes more than a few minutes, but red lipstick makes you look glam even if you did hardly anything else. My current favorite is this Antipodes April Sun In Cuba. It’s the perfect shade to say “I know I look good, but I mean business!”.
- A whiteboard. Literally cannot live without this, I’m frequently writing and rewriting my list EVERY. SINGLE. DAY to make sure I’m getting through everything I want and need to do. My husband brought me this one home when he was making space in his office, and I’m absolutely in love with it!
- Nail polish in the latest colors for a quick home mani or pedi in between coaching calls. OPI has such a big range, & I love how summery these shades are: Red Lights Ahead...Where?, Need Sunglasses. But I also always have a classic black on hand because again, black is my thing (and probably almost every other New Zealand woman, let’s be honest).
- Candles. Yes, again. Because this is literally a must for me in EVERY. SINGLE. ROOM. Loving this Luxe Candle from The Aromatherapy Company because it tones in with my copper mirror, but my current candle crush is the Ecoya in Fresh Pine - it makes the whole house smell like Christmas! And hey, if they’re out shopping for you they might as well get the matching diffuser too!
- Beautiful teas. I’m so into the Storm and India Detox teas at the moment and they taste as good as they look!
- Mini Bodum coffee plunger. I’m a minimalist at heart and I love that it can be used for both tea and coffee It goes perfectly with these Bodum Pavina cups, They’re double walled to keep your drinks hot for longer and are just so beautiful to drink from. Sadly Lily managed to smash one of my set while I was taking these photos so they'll be going back on the Xmas list!
What does your dream home office look like? I would love to hear!
This post is brought to you by Farmers. All views are 100% my own - I don't post anything I don't love!